Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I kinda hate to be that guy...

...particularly when it comes to a comic book by writer Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. They both seem like decent human beings and hard-working professionals, and I generally respect and like a lot of their output. In the case of JRJR, I think he's one of the best superhero artists working regularly today, and one of the all-time greats of that part of the comics industry.

So it kinda sorta pains me to point this out, but I can't help myself. Check out this page from the latest issue of the pair's generally pretty good run on Superman:
That is not the way the human eye works, as Johns, Romita, the inker, the colorist or the editor could have discovered by laying on their sides and looking at a chair, with or without someone sitting in it.

On the other hand, Superman is Krpyptonian, so maybe his eye works differently than ours do, but I get the feeling this was the creative team shooting for something sort of cinematic, and ending up fucking up something fairly basic.

Post a Comment

0 Comments